With Spring Break season nearly us and Florida being the destination of lots of kids looking for good times, concerts, and parties to attend, there will be a lot more people on the roads. Unfortunately many of them might make the mistake of driving while intoxicated. As college students around the country are getting ready to gear up for the traditional party time away from school and studies, let’s hope that they make smart decisions and do their best to avoid trouble.
As a resident, whether staying home or traveling, you need to be prepared for the sudden influx of drivers, many of whom may not act responsibly or practice safe driving habits. This would be the wrong time to have a lapse in your Orlando car insurance policy in case you end up getting into an accident through no fault of your own.
Insuring your Spring Break trip
You might be planning a trip out of town. Whether you remain in the Orlando area, or you take to the road on your own family vacation during this Spring Break season you might want to consider the following tips designed to help you to stay ahead of crimes that could escalate during Spring Break:
- Keep only as much cash on you as you can afford to lose
- Be cautious when going to the ATM machine by covering the keypad when punching in your PIN
- Watch for lurkers who may try to steal your cash, purse or wallet on crowded streets
- Keep your room key in a safe place and, if you lose it, realize that it may have been stolen
- Ask hotel security to check your room prior to your shutting and locking the door
- Keep your cell phone charged at all times in case an emergency situation arises, and
- Watch for signs of predatory drugs: extreme dizziness and confusion, difficulty standing, slurred speech and make sure to take any affected person to a hospital right away
Driving around vacation hotspots can easily lead to accidents
Spring Break is intended to be fun, but the possibility that something could go wrong is a reality. Driving is a privilege, and one that is often abused by people who don’t consider the consequences of their actions. At any rate, accidents can happen at any time and having Orlando car insurance can aid those involved in an unfortunate incident while driving around in their vehicle.