Could your golf course’s bottom line use a little boost? If so, you may be interested in exploring different golf course revenue sources. By varying your sources of income, you can help stabilize the business and ensure a steady cash flow. Here are some top revenue source ideas to consider trying.
Open a Food and Beverages Stand or a Gift Shop
Beyond selling memberships and rounds of golf, you can bring in extra cash by selling physical goods. For instance, you may want to consider:
- Selling food and drink to golfers
- Selling branded items
- Selling golf-related memorabilia
Improve Your Grounds and Lower Certain Fees To Attract More Members
The more attractive your courses, the more memberships you may be able to bring in. You may want to:
- Improve your facilities by offering top-of-the-line equipment, repairing and maintaining all buildings, and tending the green
- Lower key fees, such as membership fees and green fees, to attract additional members
- Offer occasional discounts to boost membership rolls
Whether you operate a chain of golf courses or just a small local course, it’s important to have a variety of golf course revenue sources in order to ensure regular cash flow and long-term business stability. When you need additional revenue sources, consider opening a gift shop, selling food and drink, improving your grounds, or lowering certain fees.